Friday, May 11, 2012

5 years and counting!

This weekend is our 5 year anniversary, which these days is quiet the accomplishment. It's amazing how fast time flies, I am glad to say Dev is still my absolute best friend and I can't imagine having a more amazing/awesome husband. We are still lovey enough to gross people out which means I know we're doing good. Since we got married we have lived in 7 houses, joined the Air force, got sealed, had a baby, moved to Germany, had another baby, traveled Europe, moved back to Utah, got out of the Air force, and now are embarking on a new journey with our first Civilian career. We have had ups and downs not so much in our relationship as in our lives, when our first little man was born he had all sorts of problems and going through that was the toughest thing I have ever had to do, I can't imagine having gone through it with anyone else. We have experienced births, and deaths and somehow through it all we only got stronger as a couple, as friends, and as parents. I think having God in our marriage has made a world of difference and I can't imagine doing it any other way. Knowing that we are sealed For Time and All Eternity is the most comforting thought in the world to me. No matter what happens, or what loss may come I still have my family for forever.
We got married young by modern standards. I was 18 and he was 21, I scoff at people that young occasionally so I get it. But when you know you know, I had planned on marrying at 18 and having babies soon there after since I was a kid. Nothing seemed more important (still isn't) than having a family to me. I honestly had no desire to even attend collage until I had my first son and realized how much of a difference it could make for him. (Now school isn't just about my children its about my love of learning) I know many people think 18 is way to young to get married and just look at it as a tragedy waiting to happen. We were both pretty mature for our ages, I graduated early and moved out and supported myself  at 17, and I fully believe that he is exactly what I needed to keep myself in line. Something that I love about getting married so young is that you get to do a lot of growing up together and you don't get so set in your ways before you become a we. (He is like an old man if he had another five years of bachelorhood he would have been way to set in his ways!) We met shortly after I turned 16 (Mormon dating age) and I knew in a matter of days that he was the one. Besides when he told me jokingly he had a heart disease and didn't expect to live past 25 (I had no idea it was a joke for a LONG time) he's the type of guy who when he says something he means it, so when he told me he loved me and later that he wanted to marry me I knew it wasn't just a line, he honestly intended to spend eternity with me. These last five years have been amazing, and I look forward to grow old with him and. seeing our kids grow and become parents themselves. There could be nothing better than being married to your best friend that makes you laugh every day and still loves you no matter what a giant dork you are or are teaching your kids to be!
P.s Hollie Hanson is our amazing photographer, we love her so much she has been with us for every family wedding since we met her! The photo with the wrecked motorcycle is no joke, after the ceremony and during pictures an un named motorist decided that flying down a canyon was a good idea, hit gravel and no joke him and his motorcycle flew end over end off the rode. He wasn't seriously injured and it made for an awesome memory. For us at least!






No comments:

Post a Comment