Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Learning Together

Yesterday I received this book in the mail yesterday, and even though I am not very far in I am loving it. It's a simplified explanation of what Montessori is and what it has to offer your family. It teaches you about unlocking the potential in your child. How to have a Montessori way of life from how you manage your time, and home to how to have Montessori-inspired living spaces. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to implement this amazing philosophy in their homes. I think the thing I need to hear most often when it comes to Montessori is allowing my children to do activities without my constant interruption to correct. I need to show them how to do something and then let them go at it as they please. Even if I don't think they are doing it right in the first place, they are learning and eventually figure out how to do things in a way that works for them. One thing I really love about this book is it talks about the importance of a father in these roles, even how a father can learn the subtle clues to what a child needs it's not just mothers intuition it's knowing your child better. (Although I doubt anything could really beat mothers intuition ;) )
The book comes from an online store in the U.K. so it's about $20 with the exchange rate and shipping costs, but it only took a week to get here and it is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment