Monday, April 16, 2012

Co-sleeping

I'm the type of person that prefers my baby in the room with me for the longest amount of time possible meaning as long as my husband will stand it. (the first 4 months and the second 9, only because we were in the middle of an international move). However co-sleeping wasn't an entire night thing for me. There is always the point where they have to lay in the cradle that is up against the bed so I can still stare them down at every convenience. I guess most light sleepers like myself could have a problem with it or it could just be that I have loud sleepers. Little little in particular would spend the majority of the night growling and as the night wore on it would get louder and louder. I love sleeping with the baby right next to me so I can feel their breath and feel their presence next to me, even if it results in me getting little to no sleep. In fact I try at least a few times a week to take a nap with little little just to get the extra loving in. Now that we have switched a little closer to the "French" eating schedule and I finally gave up my nightly feedings for him I have to say we are all sleeping better but I don't think I will stop missing it anytime soon. It usually was me laying down on the floor nursing, and Little big loved to join in the cuddling. I can't tell you how many nights I woke up an hour or two later, both my arms completely dead and both boys sweating all over me (best cuddling!)  With it being such a good bonding for mom/dad/baby and sometimes even older kids I wonder what others think of this ridiculous add..
While there are dangers they are mostly for overweight or smoking mothers, or for some reason anyone in Wisconsin, and who knows how often it's SIDS and not just co-sleeping.
Worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment