Monday, April 16, 2012

Outdoor Love

I'm borrowing this list from HERE,
After some adorable pics on Sew Liberated I just was thinking about how great outdoor play is. I love how happy my boys are when they are outside it is so great to see the joy in their eyes when they explore the world. It's amazing how much wonder they can have over such little things. It makes you take a second look at the world around you and realize how great God really is and how much he must love us to give us ALL of this!

The benefits of outdoor play are well documented, and include:

  • increasing physical activity
  • increasing the body's vitamin D levels
  • reducing anxiety and improving mood
  • improving concentration and focus
  • enhancing imaginative and creative play
  • promoting problem solving and leadership skills
  • growing the next generation of stewards for the earth
  • developing stronger immune systems

Less time spent playing outdoors is linked to:
  • obesity
  • type II diabetes and high blood pressure
  • high cholesterol
  • anxiety disorders and depression
  • attention deficit disorder
There has never been a more important time for parents and educators to make outdoor play a priority for the children in their lives.  It is one of the best things that we can do for their health, education and well-being.

List from This link

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled over from Sew Liberated.

    I am a Montessori Primary teacher...retired...an way more mellow then ten years ago.

    I read back several blogs and you have a very nice, readable and enjoyable writing style.

    I will certainly stay around and suggest checking you out tommy daughter.

    Iam using a my new iPad and making horrid typos. Please excuse.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Montessori is such an inspiring way of learning and life. I'm hoping one day to get trained so I can share the love!

    ReplyDelete