Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Favorites-German Alps

Every Friday I am going to do "Friday Favorites" things that I love that have made a difference in my life whether products of places. And after three wonderful years living in Germany things in Europe are bound to be on the list often. Today is for one of my favorite places, the German Alps, Driving up to them after hours of flat/slightly hilly German countryside is one of those experiences that takes your breath away. There are few places I have been that I loved enough I would move there, and this is one of them. From the amazing castles like Neushwanstein to the view from Germany's tallest mountain you see all around you how fairy tales were imagined. This is a place filled with beautiful Bavarian Villages, timber-framed homes and shops that make you want to move right in. It's a place that gives you a sense of peace and tranquility, being surrounded by such unworldly beauty makes you just want to take up a hammock and stay for the rest of your life. Given the chance I would jump on a plane, and make the 12 hour flight kids and all just to spend the day there.

No comments:

Post a Comment